LMM is a company specialized in the design, development and testing of vehicle powertrains (engine + transmission).
In terms of design, its activities include CAD and digital dimensioning through the use of structure or fluid codes. LMM has a strong expertise in the field of engine performance simulation also. As far as experimentation is concerned, LMM regularly performs tests aimed at designing or improving complete engine (e.g. combustion and cooling systems …) as well as components (post-treatment elements).
LMM tests engines, as well as gear-boxes and complete vehicles. Given this range of complementary competencies, LMM is able to design an engine system from the blank sheet phase through to an initial pilot lot, taking in all of the different prototyping phases required.
LMM is also specialized in complete vehicle calibration, taking charge of all engine calibration items, pollution, driveability, behaviour in extreme conditions, performance, after treatment component management, actuator calibration, cold start…
Certifications and agreements
- CertificationISO 9001 (2008)
- Certification ISO 1401 (2004)
- Catégorie: ASRC member
- Sectors of application: Transports - Energy - Aeronautics, Spacial, Defense
- Services provided: Characterization, trials, tests, control, formulation - Consulting, expertise, training - Prototyping, pilot lots, industrialization - Research and development
– Design of vehicles compliant with new standards (e.g. EUROV, VI…)
– Design & development of new engine types (conventional or hybrid)
– Experimental and numeric validation of new components, new engines or new powertrains.
– Development of Diesel vehicles compliant with the new EURO5 standard
– Development of small cylinder engines (125 cc to 500 cc) for motorbikes and quad bikes
– Characterization of oil dilution in Diesel engines
– Determination of loss by engine or gear-box friction
– Characterization of pollutant emissions and post-treatment organ behaviour (DeNox, Noxtrap)
– 15 years’ experience in engine performance simulation.
– System simulation and validation on HIL test bench
– Development of vehicle demonstrators – high-drivability vehicles.