Biophy Research is specialized in the surface analysis of industrial products with a view to developing materials for which the physical and chemical surface and interface properties are the main added value. Issues previously dealt with include surface cleanliness and contamination, surface treatments (plasma), chemical functionalization, thin coatings, wettability, adhesion, biocompatibility, bonding, printing, permeation, corrosion, failure analysis, powder and nano-particle analysis in the field of polymers, textiles, biomaterials, semi-conductors, metals, glass and ceramics, paper, packaging and cosmetics.
- ISO 9001
- Crédit d’Impôt Recherche
- Catégorie: ASRC member
- Sectors of application: Materials - Aeronautics, Spacial, Defense - Agriculture and Food Industry - Building, Public Works - Chemistry Packaging, Publishing, Printing - Electronics, Telecommunications - Energy - Environment - Mechanical Engineering - Paper, Cardboard - Health, Pharmaceuticals, Bio-industry, Cosmetics - Textiles, Clothing, Leather, Arts, Luxury goods Transports
- Services provided: Characterization, trials, tests, control, formulation - Research and development - Consulting, expertise, training
– Development of atmospheric pressure plasma treatment for the surface functionalization of polymer films – PolyPropylene, PolyEster, PolyAmide – for improved wettability, adhesion, printing and bonding
– Development of surface analytical methods and instrumentation
– Development of a Tof SIMS data processing software (MULTI-ION SIMS®).
– Optimization of atmospheric pressure plasma treatment of PolyPropylene: correlation between surface grafted nitrogen and amine functions, surface energy and ageing studies by XPS, AFM, ToF SIMS, contact angle and adhesion tests
– Development of a micro tensile stage coupled with an atomic force microscope for modelling and studying the behaviour of thin coating/polymer interface : appearance and development of cracks in barrier coatings (e.g. aluminium, SiOx) on polymers
– Production of MULTI-ION SIMS®, a Tof SIMS data interpretation software (quantitative analysis, profiles, imaging) using multivariable chemometrics methods: PCA, PCR, PLS).